I remember when I was younger, my parents would always talk about how quickly time goes by and kids grow up.... I never believed them. Well, guess what, as we celebrated Austin's 10th birthday last month, I'm beginning to believe it!!
Austin's 10th birthday was a week long celebration that started with our annual Monster Jam trip on February 8th. This year we were joined by the Callihan Clan.... the boys had an amazing time, both during the tailgating before as well as during the show. I'm guessing they will be our annual partners to this next year!
The theme for Austin's birthday party this year was Minecraft... if you don't know what this is, it is a computer game that seems to have mesmerized all boys aged 6-15ish! It looks very geometric and no where near the c.g. that our generation has gotten used to, but it has definitely become a cult phenomenon, at least in my household! Eight boys and eight electronic devices killing my wi-fi signal equaled a very successful party. That's all that matters, right?!?
On his actual birthday-day, we went to the last of our 6-pack of Ontario Reign games. He was greeted by a birthday announcement on the marquee and lots of cheers from our section. Rainforest Café was the site for our after-game dinner-celebration with the Collins family.
Another milestone recently is the addition of baseball to our schedule. Ryan has joined the Canyon Hills Little League and is on the "Giants" baseball team! It was great when we received the roster as 4 of the families are people we knew from Loving Savior. He's been doing amazing with catching, throwing and hitting and looks so darn cute in his uniform! He's enjoying it so much he wants to have a sports themed birthday party next month... he said he wants all the sports as he can't decide on just one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment