What makes my world go 'round!

What makes my world go 'round!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Baseball & The Beach

Two of the best past-times of summer... baseball games & going to the beach. We've done both of these the past week & I wanted to share.


A couple Saturdays ago, we went to the beach with our best friends & another family that we are close friends with & their kids. There were a total of 7 little boys... and you guessed it, no girls!! The boys had a great time playing in the sand and surf. Ryan loved playing in the sand... he was only 3 months old the last time we went, but this time, he "dug" right in!! Austin loved splashing in the water, that is until him & Jason got caught by a wave & it knocked his prescription sunglasses off. He was pretty bummed but we promised we'd get him more special dark glasses!! We came home with a pound of sand, a little bit of a sunburn & a whole lot of great memories of a wonderful day!!


The foll0wing week, my friend Heather invited Austin & I to go to a Quakes game (minor league team) with her & her daughter who is a few months younger than Austin. The kids had a blast eating & playing with their huge foam claws. They loved the mascots & ate till their little tummies hurt! I couldn't even tell you who won the game, but I know the kids had a wonderful time! Thanks again, Heather!
Once again, Austin made us laugh (when we really shouldn't) last night... I was on my way to work & was talking to Jason on the phone when I heard him say... "Austin, don't say that!.... I know daddy said it, but he shouldn't have!!.... If daddy says it again, tell him it's a bad word!!"... haha... Apparantly, Jason slipped & said "Dammit" in front of Austin & he started walking around saying it.... it's hard to punish them when your laughing cuz they just corrected YOU!! haha


Ryan is doing great in his new daycare... they aboslutely love him there & he seems to really enjoy it. I hated to take him out of the same location that Austin is in, but they really didn't leave me much option. I'm just so blessed I found somewhere else that is good for Ryan!! He's walking, or should I say running all over the place & doing everything he can to be right in the middle of everything Austin's doing!


Austin starts "Pre-K" next week... he's very excited about it. Jason's been teaching him addition & subtraction & we've been working on memory Bible verses. He's such a sponge & learns things so quickly! We are working hard to take advantage of that & teach him good things each & every day!


As summer winds down to an end, I hope you've had a great one. Check back often for updates on the Adventures of the Biedermann Boys! Loves to all ya'll!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a wonderful day at the beach. I know what you mean about our kids being sponges. I warn DH about his language all the time. It won't be long before Gretchen is repeating it.